*Coach Helder may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post
I have been a fan of Xero Shoes for almost a decade now. I have ran marathons, 1/2 marathons and participated in countless rucks wearing Xero Shoes. Over the years I gravitated to the Prio, Daylite Hiker and the TerraFlex by Xero Shoes. They fit my requirements for comfort, durability and of course, the zero drop sole.
The issue that I did have is that when it came to the cold and wet winter season, I had to resort back to my traditional boots because my minimalist choices just weren’t an option in that type of weather.
A couple of weeks ago, that all changed for me…
I received a pair of boots from Xero Shoes called the Alpine. It is a waterproof snow boot with all the minimalist characteristics that you have come to expect from Xero Shoes. They are comfortable, offer a wide toe-box and a zero-drop sole. But with the inner-booty and the water-resistant upper, these boots will keep your feet warm and dry throughout those colder months.
SPECS ON THE ALPINE SNOW BOOT:
- Rubber sole
- NATURAL FIT – A wide toe box lets your toes splay, spread, relax, and move naturally.
- NATURAL MOTION — Your feet can bend and flex naturally thanks to the flexible sole. A non-elevated “zero-drop” heel allows for proper posture. And the low-to-the-ground design is for balance and agility.
- NATURAL FEELING — The FeelTrue rubber sole gives you just-right protection, while being minimalist enough to let your brain get the feedback it needs for you to move naturally and efficiently.
- BAREFOOT FRIENDLY, VEGAN FRIENDLY, DURABLE — Remove the 2mm insole for more bare foot feel. This product is free from all animal products and is backed with our 5,000 Mile Sole warranty.
- GET THE RIGHT FIT with FREE Domestic Exchanges — This shoe runs ‘true to size.” If for any reason that’s not the case for you, contact the Seller for a free domestic exchange of your ‘like-new’ shoe.
If you need a pair of minimalist boots, that will keep you warm and dry, then definitely take a look at these Alpine boots. They were a much needed addition to my gear list. If you pick up a pair, I’m quite sure that you will feel the same.
If you found this review helpful and decide to purchase a pair of Alpine boots, please use the link below to help support this website:
Thank you for viewing, I hope that you found this information useful.