*Coach Helder may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post
When it comes to the brand, Honeywell, I am certainly familiar with them. Even as a teenager learning about home improvement from my dad, when it came to climate control… Honeywell was the standard that other manufacturers were judged by.
Decades later, I am still a big fan of Honeywell and their products.
With the pandemic limiting social interaction, I have been spending much more time with my parents, whom are senior citizens. We enjoy our backyard BBQ’s and the summer season was rapidly approaching.
I recalled that last year, we actually had to go inside into the air conditioned home, because the humidity and heat was just too much for my parents. So I began to look for options that would keep us outside a bit longer.
I tried using various fans that I had laying around the home. They were powerful and helped, but they seemed to just blow hot, humid air on us which certainly didn’t remedy the situation.
A couple of months ago I came across an advertisement that featured a Honeywell Portable Air Cooler. It sounded good, but what the hell was it?
I watched a couple of Honeywell videos on these evaporative air coolers. They weren’t exactly inexpensive, but when I started seeing how efficient they were, I kept looking. There were various options for evaporative air coolers. But the one that caught my eye, that best suited my needs, was the CO610PM.
The CO610PM was suitable for working both outdoors as well as indoors. When I make an investment like this, I want as many options as possible. For me, this seemed to offer the best bang for my buck. It also met the requirements for square footage coverage that I needed so… I placed the order.
Within a couple of days, the unit was delivered to my front door. I unboxed it, took a quick look at the manual and realized that, there wasn’t much for me to do. There was nothing to assemble. I filled the reservoir as per the simple instructions, plugged it in and turned it on. That was it!
The operation of these portable Swamp coolers is quite simple. There is a reservoir on the bottom that gets filled with water. That water then gets fed via a pump, to these honeycombed shaped devices that get saturated with water. The fan on the unit then blows the air, utilizing the saturated honeycombs delivering a clean, fresh breeze. It’s not hot air like you would get from a standard fan. It is also not blowing super cold air at you, the way a compressor on an air conditioning unit would.
You basically have to feel it in order to understand the comfort that this Honeywell portable air cooler delivers.
SPEC ON THE HONEYWELL CO610PM PORTABLE AIR COOLER:
- Outdoor Evaporative Cooler or Swamp Cooler with powerful 2100 CFM airflow is Ideal for large open rooms, patio/ BBQ areas, garage, deck, backyard, warehouse
- Evaporative air cooler ideal for use in the southwest and Midwest regions of the US – Performs best in hot/dry climates where humidity levels are <60%
- Not a Mist Fan – Environmentally Friendly Evaporative Air cooler reduces temperature through water evaporation. Moist, cool breeze can cool you down without spraying floor & furniture with water!
- Air Cooler reduces temperature through water evaporation
- Ideal for large open rooms, patio/ BBQ areas, garage, deck, backyard, warehouse
- Moist, cool breeze can cool you down & be used as humidification during winter months
- Low water alarm, energy saving timer, Adjustable humidification knob & Ice compartment
- 3 Speeds (High/Medium/Low)
- Top-loading ice compartment and massive 14 gallon water tank
- Continuous Water Supply via garden hose
- Wide 16 in. Aluminum Fan Blades provide powerful air flow for large spaces
- High speed blower for high velocity air throw (powerful 2800 CFM airflow)
- Recommended for areas up to 850 Sq. ft. – Cooling area depends on room conditions, such as humidity.
If you want to add a bit of extra comfort, for both you and your loved ones, definitely take a look at the Honeywell Portable Air Cooler line. They have a model to fit most needs and budgets. Judging by the reaction from friends and family thus far… I’m quite confident that you will be impressed if you add one of these swamp coolers to your home.
In these trying times, we need to make the best of every interaction that we have with friends and family. I’m thankful that Honeywell provided a solution that allows me to maximize my outdoor lifestyle.
I purchased this air cooler from My Home Climate. They are an Authorized Dealer and Official Customer Care Agent of Honeywell. I had a couple of questions about my cooler and they replied back in no time.
I explained to them that I was impressed with their products and service. I was going to provide a review for my subscribers on my Coach Helder website. They were appreciative and extended a discount code for me to offer you!
The code is good for a 10% discount on all My Home Climate products. Just use the link below and apply code “CoachH10” at checkout.
Thank you for viewing, I hope that you found this review helpful.