*Coach Helder may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post
I took a trip to Europe this past summer and decided to take my Black Mamba folding knife with me. I had gotten it a few months before I booked the trip. Right from the unboxing, I knew that this was a quality knife. It felt great in my hand and when I opened it, the blade glided like butter. Due to its small form factor and non-assuming look, I felt comfortable enough to take it with me to Europe -as my primary EDC.
I brought the Black Mamba with me to various cities and countless scenarios, while on this international trip. I felt confident that if needed to use this knife for self-defense, the performance of this blade would be the least of my worries. The handle of this knife is made from Titanium and has a good looking black-washed textured finish that makes retention a breeze. I practiced quite often with my Black Mamba while I was away. The opening of this knife became smoother with each flick of my index finger. Even with sweaty hands, I was able to comfortably wield this knife.
SPECS ON THE BLACK MAMBA FOLDING KNIFE:
- SUPER STEEL M390 BLADE (HRC 60): The Black Mamba Knife is a Collaboration Between Off-Grid Knives & the WE Knife Company, the Blade is Made with Austrian Bohler M390 Steel, Ultra Premium Steel Produced by Powder Metallurgy, Extremely High Toughness, Wear & Corrosion Resistance, Blackwashed Finish & Reverse Tanto Style, Compare Our Price to other Companies Using M390 & 6AL4V Titanium, Upgrade Your EDC without Crushing Your Wallet
- GRADE 5 TITANIUM: 6AL4V Ti is Commonly Used in High End Custom Knives, Exhibits Very High Strength Yet Light Weight, Excellent Corrosion Resistance, Used Also in the Aerospace Industry, Blackwashed Finish with Titanium Hexagon Scales
- FAST ACTION & DLC: The Blade Rides on High End Ceramic Ball Bearings Creating a Quick Effortless Opening Using One Hand (Not Spring Assisted). BRUSHED DLC: The Overall Finish Has a Black Stonewashed Look, Non-Reflective, DLC Stands for ‘Diamond-Like Carbon’ Which Adds Extra Corrosion Resistance, Extra Hardness, Used in Both the High End Knife and Gun Industry Due to the Added Resistance to Wear
- ZERO BLADE PLAY & OPEN BACK DESIGN: Quality Construction by the WE Knife Company the Mamba Locks Up Like A Vault Using a Frame Lock. OPEN BACK DESIGN: With the Open Back Design (see last photo), the Mamba is Easy to Clean and Less Chance of Debris Getting Caught in the Handle During Hard Use in the Field, Also Sheds Some Unnecessary Weight
- EVERYDAY CARRY (EDC): Only 4.58 ounces, Legal Carry 2.78 inch Blade, Blade Thickness 4mm, Handle 4 Inches & Tip Up Right Deep Pocket Clip Carry, the Mamba is a Perfect EDC Workhorse
If you are in the market for a well built folder, that costs much less than other folding knives with similar specs, definitely take a look at the Black Mambo. It has quickly become my go-to folder for my everyday carry (EDC).
If you found this review helpful and decide to purchase a Black Mamba knife from Off-Grid Knives, please use the link below to help support this website:
Thanks for viewing, I hope that you found this review useful.