*Coach Helder may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post
I’ve reviewed quite a few knives by Off-Grid Knives. Over the years, I have seen them go from creating very good knives, to great knives. I have definitely been satisfied with the performance of the Off-Grid Knives’ that I own. So when Off-Grid Knives reached out to me to review their new Tracker-X fixed blade knife, I casually thanked them and told them to go ahead and send it.
But inside, I was excited as Hell, to get my hands on it!
The Tracker-X arrived and right from the unboxing, I was impressed. It was substantial and looked like it could chop down a tree by just looking at it. The belly of the knife was thick and the handle made retaining this knife, a much more simple task. Especially for field use when rain, mud, dirt and sweat are a constant hindrance.
SPECS ON THE TRACKER-X FIXED BLADE KNIFE:
- Blackwash Full Tang D2 Steel – Tough as Nails! The full tang D2 is 5mm thick and was designed to take a beating. Our D2 is carefully heat treated with a HRC of 60, a truly ‘tough as nails’ steel that holds an edge even after tons of hard-use, excellent ware and corrosion resistance.
- Built Like A Tank & Designed to For Hard-Use. The full tang D2 is 5mm thick and was designed for rugged use in all conditions, the cutting edge is slightly under 5 inches and the handle is 4.5 inches, full length is 9.5 inches, without the sheath the weight is 10.3 ounces and with the sheath 12.4 ounces.
- Built For The Outdoors. Off-Grid Knives designed the Tracker-X to have enough blade length for chopping, wood processing and fine wood work if necessary. Perfect for many outdoor uses such as bushcrafting, camping, hunting, survival and even prepping food at your campsite.
- Snake Skin Micarta Scales for a Rock Solid Grip. We added a grippy texture to the ‘snake skin’ Micarta, the Tracker-X’s grip is designed to stay in your hand in all weather conditions, hot or cold, wet or dry, you’ll always have a strong safe grip.
- Kydex Customizable Quick-Clip Sheath. The sheath can be worn vertically or horizontally with the customizable Quick-Clip™, it snaps quickly and easily over your belt or pack, and it’s held tightly inside the Kydex.
- Corrosion Resistance and Wear Resistance. D2 is considered a “borderline stainless steel” because it contains 11.5 percent chromium. D2 also has a very high carbon content, 1.5%, which lowers corrosion resistance because the carbon “grabs” a lot of D2’s chromium to form chromium carbides. The chromium carbides are good for improving wear resistance, improved wear resistance enhances edge holding.
- Incredible Edge Retention. D2 tool steel is a high carbon steel that is excellent for use in hostile environments and is known for incredible edge retention.
General: SKU 7777891286 Weight (oz.) 10.3 Blade Length (in.) 4.98 Right / Left Hand Carry N/A Collection Basecamp Collection Mechanical Knife Mechanism Fixed Locking Mechanism N/A Opening Mechanism N/A Blade Blade Length (in.) 4.98 Blade Width (in.) 1.6 Blade Thickness (mm) 5 Blade Hardness (HRC) 60-61 Blade Material D2 Blade Style Drop Point Blade Color Black Blade Finish Blackwash Blade Edge Plain Edge Handle Handle Length (in.) 4.5 Handle Color Snakeskin Handle Material Micarta Sheath Sheath Material Kydex Sheath Color Black
If you are in the market for a fixed blade knife, that will handle hard field use for years to come, take a close look at this Tracker-X by Off-Grid-Knives. If is quickly becoming my go-to field knife and that’s… not an easy thing to convince me of.
If you found this review helpful and decide to purchase a Tracker-X fixed blade knife, please use the link below to help support this website:
Thank you for viewing.