*Coach Helder may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
We all take our preparedness seriously. We have a tool to battle every emergency.. Plus doubles and even triples of our favorite gear. But I do see an issue in lots of cases. That issue is that lack of training. I am going to use this current review as an example. This review is about a very High Speed piece of first aid gear. It is the Combat Casualty Response Kit – Medic/Leg Rig by a highly regarded company called North American Rescue. It is a serious kit for real deal first-aid. Some people may watch my review, enjoy it and go ahead and purchase this kit. Do not get me wrong, I feel that it’s an awesome thing to do if you can afford it but it’s only 1/2 the battle. The real question is “have you gotten enough training to know how to use it?”
I can give you examples just like the one above about almost any piece of gear that I review and can go on forever on the subject. Think about it.. I coach and “train” people for a living so the subject is continually on my mind. I don’t want to go into this in detail, I know that most are only here for information on the CCRK and I completely understand. But do yourself a favor and learn, in detail, how to use each piece of equipment that is in this kit. Once you feel comfortable teach your family, group, tribe how to use each item. You will learn even more by teaching and it will help solidify your skills. But keep in mind.. if SHTF and you become the patient and/or victim, you know that your crew is there, trained, and ready to assist as well as to stabilize you. I am sure that we both agree that the extra effort is well worth the peace of mind.
- 500D CORDURA® Solution-Dyed Nylon with Near Infrared Signature Reduction
- Ghillie-Tex IR signature reduction hardware
- Sand & water resistant, self-repairing zipper with silent 550 cord pulls
- MOLLE Style Attachment System Compatible
- Trauma Shear Storage on Back for Quick Access
- 1 x Bag (CCRK®–Medic/Leg Rig)
- 10 x Black Talon® Nitrile Trauma Gloves (5 pr.)
- 2 x Nasopharyngeal Airway 28F with Lubricant
- 1 x Petrolatum Gauze (3 in. x 18 in.)
- 1 x HyFin® Chest Seal
- 2 x ARS® Needle Decompression Kit (14 G x 3.25 in.)
- 2 x C-A-T® (Combat Application Tourniquet®)
- 2 x ETD™ 6 in. Emergency Trauma Dressing
- 4 x S-Rolled Gauze™ (4.5 in. x 4.1 yd)
- 2 x NAR Saline Lock Kit
- 1 x BOA® IV Constricting Band
- 1 x Trauma Shears (7.25 in.)
- 4 x Polycarbonate Eye Shield
- 1 x Scissor Leash™
- 1 x Surgical Tape (2 in.)
- 1 x Combat Casualty Reference Card
- 2 x Triage Card (NAR T2 Tag®)
- Case Closed: H 9.5 in. x W 9 in. x D 7.75 in.
- Weight: 3 lb 9 oz
If you found this review helpful and decide to purchase a CCRK, please use the link below to help support this site:
Thank you for viewing, I hope that you enjoyed this review.