*Coach Helder may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post
Here Is My Video Review On The Hawkeye Neck Knife:
Depending where you live and/or where you decide to travel to, there are rules and regulations when it comes to the type knife that you can carry as your EDC (everyday carry). As an example, here in NJ, we are able to carry a folder. But 20 minutes away in NYC, folders are illegal and fixed blades are legal. I referenced the simplistic version of the laws but you get the gist of my point…
Recently, I was in the market for a fixed blade that I could use as EDC when my folder choice is not an option. I wanted something that would perform well in a combative application but wouldn’t break the bank. I came across the Hawkeye By Off-Grid Knives and it peaked my curiosity. It was made from quality material, full tang and included a kydex sheath. I decided to give it a try and… I am certainly happy with my choice.
This blade is modeled after a karambit. It’s curvature and finger hole placement is ideal for anyone wanting to add a karambit type fixed blade to their arsenal. As always, I recommend taking a fair amount of time getting used to, and training with this knife before it becomes part of your EDC. Knowing the existing laws for the places that you choose to carry this blade in, is also crucial in order to stay under the radar.
SPECS ON THE HAWKEYE FIXED BLADE:
- LEAN & MEAN: Hawkbill Tanto Style Blade That’s Lightweight and Tough, AUS-8 Black Stonewash, Semi-Serrated with a Razor Sharp Cutting Edge, Rust and Abrasion Resistant Properties
- STRONG GRIP DESIGN: Ergonomic Handle with Double Finger Loops and a Steep Jimmped Thumb Ramp Offer a Confident Grip with G10 Overlay, Made to Stay in Your Hand in Any Condition, Pinky Finger Hole Can Be Gripped In or Outside the Loop
- ALWAYS READY: Worn Around the Neck with (included) 550 Pound Paracord Rope, Strap it or Tie to Your Pack, Seated Tightly Inside It’s Custom Kydex Sheath
- PERFECT EVERY DAY CARRY: Excellent for Camping, Hiking, Traveling, Military, Law Enforcement, Preppers, Go Bag
- SIZE & WEIGHT: Full Blade is 2 inches, Non-Serrated Edge 1 inch, Serrated Edge .98 inches, Handle 3.75 inches, WEIGHT: 2.8 oz without Sheath, 3.6 oz with Sheath & Paracord
If you are in the market for a fixed-blade, karambit type knife, take a look at this one by Off-Grid Knives. The quality is there… at an incredibly reasonable price.
If you found this review helpful and decide to purchase from Off-Grid Knives, please use the link below to help support this website.
Thank you for viewing, I hope that you found this review helpful.