*Coach Helder may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post
Here Is My Video Review On The Prio By XERO Shoes:
Whenever there is a possibility of me being barefoot… I take that opportunity. Unfortunately in today’s environment, that isn’t always practical. Luckily, there are a few viable choices out there for minimalist footwear. It’s not the same as being barefoot but it’s pretty damn close.
One of the companies whose shoes I have worn for the past few years is XERO Shoes. They started out with very minimal sandals and have added to their line since then. XERO Shoes has released a couple of “covered toe” minimalist shoes in recent months. I am a fan of both models but for hiking on the trail… I have gravitated to their new Prio shoe.
The Prio is minimalist with a zero-drop heel. It is constructed of high quality material -which I have come to expect from XERO Shoes. The comfort and traction is something that very few minimalist trail shoes can offer.
One benefit that stands out, when I compare these Prio’s to my other minimalist shoes, is the added protection for the toes. The finger and sandal shoes are great… but out on the trail, they offer very limited protection for your toes. This was always a gripe for many people attempting to go minimalist, with their shoes, while out on the trail.
SPECS ON THE PRIO BY XERO SHOES:
- Natural FIT — A wide toe box lets your toes spread and relax. Plus the “XERO-drop” sole (non-elevated heel and low-to-the ground) allows for proper posture, balance and agility
- Natural MOTION — The Prio is flexible enough to let your feet bend, move, and flex the way, well, that feet are supposed to. Plus, they’re so light weight, you’ll barely know you have them on. A men’s 9 is only 7.6 ounces each
- Natural FEEL — The Prio uses the same 5.5mm FeelTrue® rubber from our Z-Trek sandal, so you get great protection while still getting the ground feedback that your feet like. With an optional 2mm insole, the Prio lets you Feel The World®
- Vegan friendly materials — No animal products in the Prio
- Huarache inspired design — The heel strap is not only eye-catching but functional
- Adjustable instep strap — The “inverted V” straps aren’t sewn down, so you can use them to lock in your instep while keeping your toes free to move
- Reflective straps — That middle section of the heel and instep straps is highly reflective for evenings and night
- Optional 2mm insole — If you need a bit of extra protection, toss in the optional 2mm insole
- Barefoot friendly — Wear the Prio with or without socks
- 5,000 mile sole warranty — like ALL our FeelTre® soles, the Prio’s has our 5,000 mile sole warranty
If you are in the market for an excellent minimalist shoe for hiking on the trail, take a close look at the Prio by XERO Shoes. I don’t think that you will be disappointed.
If you found this review helpful & decide to purchase a pair of XERO Shoes, please use the link below to help support this site:
Thank you for viewing, I hope that you enjoyed this review.