*Coach Helder may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post
Here Is My Video Review On The SunJack Solar Charger:
I have come to rely on my smart phone much more than I ever have in the past. With the diversity in App choices, I have been able to replace many of the gadgets that I used to carry with me. The hardware has also come a long way in the past few years. The camera on my phone far exceeds the specs on many of my expensive cameras. I even have access to an extensive collection of field manuals, informational PDF’s, video tutorials and other instructional media. Since I can access my SD cards via my phone, my library of useful content can become virtually limitless.
The problem here is that with all the diversity comes a lot of power consumption. I can easily kill the battery on my phone within a couple of hours, while recording video, utilizing the flash. I have various battery banks that I bring with me in the field. But during extended stays… I would usually end up humping out of basecamp with a dead battery on my phone.
I began searching for a solution to my issue. I have been sent various solar chargers to review over the past few years. Unfortunately, none of them seemed to hold up to their claims and just added extra weight to my ruck… Let’s not forget the big dose of false security.
I had heard good thing about the SunJack Solar Charger so I decided to try one out. To my surprise, it actually stood up to all of the manufacturer’s claims. When I had a coupe of questions, I contacted support and they gave me all of the info that I needed in a professional manner. I took the SunJack out in the field
over the past few months and I must admit… I’m impressed!
SPECS ON THE SUNJACK 14W SOLAR CHARGER KIT:
- POWERFUL & SMART: Solar panels pump out up to 2.8 Amps of USB power, with a built-in smart IC chip to intelligently identify your device and maximize charging speed while protecting from overcharging. Automatic restore if shade occurs.
- INCLUDES POWER BANK: Includes high capacity 8000 mAh power bank with quick-charging capability to charge your cell phone up to 75% faster than standard chargers, even when the sun isn’t shining. Charges iPhones and most smart phones up to 4x.
- RUGGED & PORTABLE: Weather resistant folding panels compact down to the size of an iPad and easily fit into any backpack. Shock-proof, dust-proof, drop-proof, tested and used by the US Military.
- MULTI-USE: Ideal for camping, backpacking, hiking, outdoor adventures and an essential in any emergency preparedness kit for survival. Never be caught without power.
- HASSLE FREE WARRANTY: Designed in California, backed by 12 month hassle free warranty from a local USA company.
- WEIGHT: 2 pounds with power bank
- Solar panels: 14 watts of high efficiency mono-crystalline
- Max output voltage/current: One 5V/1.5A USB port
- Battery: 8,000 mAh lithium-polymer battery ~ 5 hours
- Unit Size folded: 9″ x 6.5″ x 1.75″ (23cm x 16.5cm x 4.5cm) – similar to an iPad
- Unit Size unfolded: 9″ x 31″ x 1″ (23cm x 79cm x 2.5cm)
- Packaging Dimension: 10.5″ x 8.5′ x 2″ (27cm x 22cm x 5.1cm)
If you are in need of a solution to power your USB gadgets, while in the field or during an emergency… Take a look at this SunJack Solar Charger. It may be the right solution for you.
If you found this review helpful and decide to purchase a SunJack Solar Charger, please use the link below to help support this site:
Thank you for viewing, I hope that you enjoyed this review.