*Coach Helder may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Here Is My Video Review On The TerraFlex:
I have been wearing XERO Shoes footwear for over 7 years now. I have come to appreciate the company just as much as I do their shoes. With each new product launch, XERO Shoes seems to eagerly address the needs and requests from their customers. So when I heard about their latest shoe model being introduced, I was intrigued… To say the very least.
A major concern that I heard over the years had to do with traction, or lack there of, that minimalist shoes offered. Minimalist footwear is generally designed with a “zero drop” sole. This means that the sole is at the same level, throughout the whole shoe. There is no high-heel at the back of the shoe. This is excellent for building up the body as well as our biomechanics. However, many that were focused on trail hiking and running felt that minimalist shoes didn’t offer the right amount of traction that they were seeking.
XERO Shoes listened to this concern and introduced the new TerraFlex hiking and trail shoe. This shoe offers all of what I have come to like about XERO Shoes. They are comfortable, minimalist, zero-drop sole, wide toe area and built to last. But there are actually (2) added features that sealed the deal between me and these TerraFlex shoes:
- The minimalist sole now offers excellent traction for varied terrain.
- The color choices offered are more “earthy” and not as loud as those offered on previous XERO Shoes models.
SPECS ON THE TERRAFLEX SHOES:
- Natural FIT — A wide toe box lets your toes spread and relax. Plus the “XERO-drop” sole (non-elevated heel and low-to-the ground) allows for proper posture, balance and agility
- Natural MOTION — The TerraFlex is flexible enough to let your feet bend, move, and flex the way, well, that feet are supposed to. Plus, they’re so light weight, you’ll barely know you have them on.
- Natural FEEL — The TerraFlex uses our FeelTrue® rubber with an removable 2mm insole, to let you Feel The World®
- Vegan friendly materials — No animal products in the TerraFlex
- Huarache inspired design — The heel strap is not only eye-catching but functional
- Adjustable instep strap — The “inverted V” straps aren’t sewn down, so you can use them to lock in your instep while keeping your toes free to move
- Reflective straps — That middle section of the heel and instep straps is highly reflective for evenings and night
- Removable 2mm insole — For a more “barefoot” feeling, you can remove the optional 2mm insole
- Barefoot friendly — Wear the TerraFlex with or without socks
- 5,000 mile sole warranty — like ALL our FeelTrue® soles, the TerraFlex’s has a 5,000 mile sole warranty
*** The TerraFlex runs small. XERO Shoes recommends choosing 1/2 size larger than your usual size.
If you are in the market for a good pair of minimalist trail shoes, take a look at these TerraFlex by XERO Shoes. They are a great pair of trail shoes that will hopefully work for you as well as they do for me.
If you found my review helpful and decide to purchase a pair of the TerraFlex, please use the link below to help support this website:
Thank you for viewing, I hope that you found this review useful.