*Coach Helder may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post
When it comes to every day footwear, my go-to choice is minimalist shoes. But there are times when I either need more protection when I’m on a security detail or have to be in uniform. That is when military approved boots come into play for me. I was recently sent a pair of Rocky S2V Tactical Military Boots to review. Rocky Boots have been a staple in the military and tactical community for quite some time. I received my boots and it was time to put them to the test.
I wasted no time in putting these Rocky S2V through my review process. I had planned to go on a ruck with my dog and the boots arrived a few minutes before we were ready to gear up. I considered breaking the boots in a bit first, but… I felt like a kid on Christmas Day and had to play with my new toy. I put them on, laced them up and headed out the door with my pup.
I had a 25lb. ruck on and set a distance of 5 miles for the day’s ruck. I hit as much varied terrain as I could including mud, sand, grass, concrete and rocks. Each step felt good and there was great traction offered by these boots. Even on the wet surfaces, I felt balanced and no slippage. As I mentioned, I was used to the comfort that my minimalist shoes offer me. I figured that I would be no where near as comfortable but I was wrong. For a boot with much more consistency than I was used to, they felt light and unrestrictive; especially for a boot with these certifications & specifications.
These boots are incredibly comfortable right out of the box. That means that it will only get better from there as they break in with future use.
SPECS ON THE ROCKY S2V BOOTS:
- Flash- and water-resistant leather
- Made in the USA, Berry Compliant
- 1,000 Denier CORDURA®
- Rocky® Air-Port® cushion footbed
- Aegis Microbe Shield Applied to Rocky® Air-Port™ cushion footbed
- Lycra Tongue
- Proprietary high-walled Vibram soles are stitched to the upper
- Triple stitched construction
- Fiberglass shank
- Leather instep panel
- Unisex styles come in men’s sizes
- Advanced S2V Sieve™ technology circulates air in and water out
- 8 Inches in height
- Reduce injuries with Roll-Stop Ankle Stability™;
- Weight: 4.0 pounds per pair for a size 10
- PTFE coated for flame-resistance
- Approved for wear with all applicable OCP variations
- Uniform Compliant (DA Pam 670-1 Date 1 JUL 15)
- Berry Compliant Moisture Wicking Lining with Aegis Microbe Shield
If you are in the market for a great pair of boots for military and or tactical purposes, certainly take a look at these by Rocky Boots.
If you found this review helpful and decide to purchase Rocky Boots, please use the link below to help support this website:
Thank you for viewing.