*Coach Helder may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post
Here Is My SurvivorCord & Ferro Rod Video Review:
I have been around paracord for most of life. From my early days in the Boy Scouts to my tour in the United States Marine Corp, paracord was always present. I use it for knot tying, lashing, dummy-cording my gear, repairing my gear and many more applications that would take forever to name. Whatever your need may be while in the field… paracord has a way of continually making an appearance.
In the past few years, paracord (550 cord) has gained in popularity. People are making bracelets, dog leashes, belts and pretty much anything that can be tied or weaved out of 550 cord. Because of 550 cord’s newly found fame, TONS of companies got on the bandwagon by manufacturing their own paracord.
The true allure of paracord is that it is used and trusted by our military. It was originally used in suspension lines of parachutes, hence the paracord name. It has a minimum strength of 550lbs, hence the other alias which is 550 cord. So since paracord was the military’s go-to rope, this made it much more appealing for survivalists and outdoor people.
The problem that I see with the recent boom in paracord sales is the claim of Mil-Spec. Most of the companies market their 550 cord as “Of Military Specification.” But in reality, most of these companies are selling inferior paracord to trusting customers.
One of the paracord companies that I currently purchase my paracord from is Titan Survival. They are true military spec and here is the military specifications sheet to confirm it:
Now, TITAN Survival provides some of the best paracord available, but what I really want to tell you about is their SurvivorCord. Military Spec is a must but TITAN went ahead and added some other really cool components.
Besides SurvivorCord being Mil-Spec 550 cord, it also contains 3 other strands in it’s sheath:
- Fishing Line
- Waxed Jute
- Snare Wire
You have to admit… Those are 3 vital components in any emergency situation.
TITAN SURVIVAL also manufacturer a hefty ferro rod that utilizes 9 feet of SurvivorCord. It’s a viable, self-contained mini-survival kit. The only thing that it is missing is a scraping tool.
MANUFACTURER SPECS ON SURVIVORCORD:
- PATENT PENDING DESIGN – Our exclusive design adds 3 survival strands to TITAN’s trusted Military 550 Paracord
- FISHING LINE – Includes a single transparent, 25 lb test, high strength mono-filament fishing line
- WAXED JUTE – Waterproof twisted fiber strands are designed to quickly start fires in an emergency
- MULTI-PURPOSE WIRE – Our proprietary Conductive alloy is strong, conductive, and non-magnetic. Perfect for small Snares and more!
- THE TITAN PROMISE – We’re an American Veteran-Owned business, and all authentic TITAN products have a LIFETIME GUARANTEE. If you’re unhappy with our products in any way, we will completely refund your purchase. No questions asked.
If you need or want to replace your paracord with real, military spec 550 cord, take a close look at the TITAN SURVIVAL SurvivorCord. I don’t think that you will be disappointed.
If you found this review helpful and would like to purchase from TITAN Survival, please use the link below to help support this site:
Thank you for viewing, I hope that you found my review helpful.