*Coach Helder may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post
Ferrocerium rod or ferro rod as they are more commonly called, are a great fire starters to keep in your go bag. They work in all types of weather, high altitudes & even when wet. Scrapping off a piece of the ferro rod projects a spark of approximately 5,500º F (3,000º C) onto your tinder. It takes a bit of practice to get your technique down but once you do, you may never use a lighter to start a fire again. 🙂
Recently I was sent a Überleben Kräftig XL Ferro Rod to review. I am familiar with Überleben because I have reviewed their products in the past. I have been impressed with their products and this new ferro rod is no different. The quality and feel is second to none. The most solid attribute of this new ferro rod is that it works and works really well! Their customer support is also excellent and eager to answer any questions that I have.
If you want to add a quality ferro rod to your gear, that will last for over 20,000 strikes, take a closer look at this Überleben Kräftig XL Ferro Rod. It weighs in at 1/2 lb but to me, it is worth every ounce.
SPECS ON THE ÜBERLEBEN KRAFTIG XL FERRO ROD:
- Rod length is 5″ — because molten metal doesn’t need a 6″ runway when using quality ferrocerium.
- Up to 20,000 strikes from thick 1/2″ (12.5mm) ferrocerium rod.
- Sparks shower at 5,500º F (3,000º C) to ignite a fire at any altitude, in any weather — even wet!
- Includes precision drilled ferro rod, 6 function multi-tool scraper, and 3mm shock-cord lanyard for multiple securing options.
- Perfect for Bushcraft, Firecraft, Backpacking, Hiking, Camping, Hunting, Fishing, Bugout, EDC / Every Day Carry, Emergency, Survival, Campfire, BBQ, Gas Camp Stoves, etc.
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: 0.5 x 0.5 x 5 inches
- Weight 0.26lbs
- Model: Kräftig
- Size: XL
If you found this review helpful & decide to purchase a ferro rod, please use the link below to help support this site:
Thank you for viewing, I hope that you enjoyed this review.